Tuesday, January 6, 2015

What Posessions Can I Not Live Without

Chocolate chips?

Awe man! This is a hard question. I have so many possessions that I could live without, but my quality of life would be drastically reduced. Can I live without my sewing machine? Yes. Do I want to? No.

Here's my top ten list of must-have possessions:



 This is the program I have been using for a while. All diet/exercise programs are difficult to learn and manage, but once you get the hang of it it is doable. I really like this one. I feel healthy and I know my body is changing. I have switched out to P90X right now which is put out by the same company it is just more intense.















This is my sewing machine. I love it. I did a lot of research before purchasing it this past year and with the help of my very knowledgeable mother I opted for a computerized machine. I don't regret it. It is so easy to use and does a beautiful job. I love it.














Saucony. The only way to go. Since I started my weight loss journey 3 years ago I have gone through probably 8-10 pairs of good, expensive running shoes. I've tried all he major brands and this brand is my favourite.









I just discovered this hair product three weeks ago and it has been life changing! That might be an exaggeration, but as an expert on curly hair (being that I've had curly hair for going on 33 years now), this is my favourite product!   I bought it on a whim, straying from my tried and true Herbal Essence in the purple container. My hair is curlier, fuller, happier, and lasts longer.












If you are a teacher, you NEED this free program. It is amazing. My students love it. The other teachers love it, the parents love it. I absolutely love it. I would marry it if I could. Sorry Arron, class Dojo has made my teaching career  million times better than it was before. With this simple (computer and phone and tablet) AP you upload all your students and give them an avatar. Throughout the day you give their avatar points for doing their work, helping others, participating, team work, whatever goals you want them to work towards. There are also negative points that can be given as well. Every week an automated report is sent home to parents and shows them where their child did well during the week and where they did poorly. They can check this report daily or hourly if they like. Students can also be given a secret code so they can log on and see their own reports as well as change their avatar a million different ways. We all love it.





Best make-up remover on the market. Hands down the winner. I don't even bother trying any other brands out there anymore. They are all a big disappointment.


















It's like my phone! But bigger!




















Three-wick candles from Bath and Body Works. My current favourites area; Flannel, Ocean Driftwood, and Beach Cabana. I have one going constantly and my house smells amazing.










These are fancy-schmasy easy to use nail stickers that give you a beautiful looking manicure. (If you pick a pretty design. Some are hideous). I love them.
 









Look, I appreciate a $7 bra as much as the next person. I really do. And La Senza does have some good bra's. I bought bra's there for years and years and years. Then I realized I wasn't a 14 year old girl any more and I should get some real, legitimate, adult bra's that are beautiful and classy and of good quality and make my girls look a million times more fabulous than any cheap bra ever could. They have great quality lingerie that isn't tacky or cheesy or slightly frightening and available in sizes larger than size two. AND awesome bathing suits if you hit their Aqua side of the store. More expensive for sure, but nicer and better quality. When I swim I actually swim. And that involves jumping and horseplay, and slides, and diving and their bathing suits hold me in nicely and look great!



1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed your list, Nikki. I see potential for your list of must-haves to be like Oprah's list of what she loves :)

    ReplyDelete