Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Monkey Face

There is just something amazing about being on the top of a mountain in BC.
There is nothing that can compare to it. And no words to describe it. But I love it. The hiking up process - that I don't love, and I also dislike the hiking down part, (so I guess I don't actually like hiking) but the actual being on top of it is pretty fantastic.

On Sunday my parents came to Williams Lake for the first time since I moved here a year ago. This time though I have a home and a husband and a yard and all the fixings to make them feel comfortable for a night or two. (Except Arron's tarantula... which lives in the guest room.... "I won't do it. I tell you I won't. I wont do it" squealed my mom, which resulted in the spider being relocated to where is now, two feet from my feet under the computer desk... eek.)

Anyways, my parents came for a visit. There was beer and bbq and then a small hike up a local mountain called "Monkey Face." I don't know why it is called that. It doesn't look like a monkey face. It's really close to where we live and the view is breathtaking. (Less so in the following photo's because of smoke from forest fires as well as the impending twilight) You can't fathom how high up you are. 2400feet at the top, and 1400 at the bottom where the Fraser River is.  Amazing. I'm really glad that I could show this beautiful place to my parents, and that my dad didn't fall off the side of the cliff - he was scarily fascinated with how steep the cliff face was and how far down it was to the river.




1 comment:

  1. Lol, a student was asking me about Monkey Face today, we Googled it and you popped up!

    ReplyDelete