Monday, January 12, 2015

What Made Me Smile Today

Oh boy. Do I have a good story for you that just happened an hour ago.

Before I get to the punchline of the story, you need to know that my husband has many amazing qualities. He is strong, and kind, and cuddles me whenever I want. He works full time fixing stuff other people break at a trade that is fairly specialized. He compliments me and is good to his family and children. He is gentle and funny and smart about so many things that I am not. And everything he tries he does well (much to my annoyance). He is wonderful. He can't for the life of him however, put his dirty laundry in the hamper.

Oh, I've tried for the last six months to sneakily train him. I moved the laundry hamper to right outside the bathroom door so he could just drop his clothes in on the way in, didn't work. I even moved the laundry hamper right into the bathroom. Still didn't work. We literally have 7 square feet of floor in that bathroom, and he can not put his dirty laundry in the hamper. He can put it right beside it 100% of the time though. One Hundred Percent of the Time.

Anyways, the story that made me smile.

I got home from work today and as Arron and I were chatting he mentioned that early this morning as he got out of the shower in the spare bathroom (where he also leaves his clothes on the floor btw), he stepped on the prong of my belt buckle which I had left on the floor. He stepped on it hard. Like it drew blood. He's tough so he manned up and ignored it all day, but then wanted to tell me about it so I would feel bad that I left my belt on the floor and it injured him.

I felt bad. I did. I made my husband bleed! But then I thought that this would be a perfect learning opportunity.

"And what did we learn from this Arron?"
"That you should put your belt away?"
"No. That when we don't put our laundry away it causes injuries. So now we will make sure we put our laundry in the hamper so that no one gets hurt ever again. It's a safety hazard when we don't put our dirty clothes in the hamper."

His opinion is that he doesn't leave dangerous objects like belts or screwdrivers or multi tools, or pens or lighters, or keys on the floor that might injure someone.

I doubt this situation will change anything.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my word! Jared is the SAME way!!!!! After 3+ yrs of marriage, he still forgets the hamper 99% of the time. (So maybe there is hope for getting it right 1% of the time--after 3 years!) :P

    ReplyDelete