Wednesday, January 14, 2015

I loved this day because....



It was Wednesday and those are the best days.

I loved it because on Wednesday it is chapel day at school and I sent my 6th graders to elementary chapel and my 7th graders to high school chapel, so I get one hour with each grade uninterrupted. I taught a great math lesson to the 7th graders that was new, and challenging, and interesting. They enjoyed the concept and working with the skills I was teaching them and they had fun. Those are the best lessons. 

I also loved today because while I didn't have a super stimulating grammar lesson planned, it covered important concepts and my students worked very, very, very, hard to do the concept properly. I was proud of them.

Wednesday's also rock because my class goes to PE at 1:45 and I'm done for the day. Usually I stay and mark or prep, but today I left at 2pm. Because I could.

I also had an "ok, I like this town today" moment, which I rarely do. I'm usually in a fog of strongly disliking Williams Lake. I went to the post office. Parked right beside the door. Didn't wait in line. My packages were super cheap to send. The postie was super friendly. It was a great small town feeling.

I disliked working out when I got home, but I liked the fact that I said no to a FREE Dairy Queen ice cream while I was getting my oil changed.

And I liked my dinner. Even though I had a major fail and made a beautiful delicious Caesar salad with ranch dressing.

And now I blog. And watch Big Bang Theory. And spend time with my husband.

Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment