Monday, January 26, 2015

Things I am thankful for today.

Wow! This blog has perfect timing. I just worked out so I'm full of endorphines and protein shake and pride. (I did one of the really hard exercises on P90X today called banana-boat-banana, and I did it for the full time with no breaks - that was a first for me! Go abs!)

I am super thankful for a lot of things.

My husband. He makes me happy. And after discussing and saying that we would go see the Grand Canyon this spring, we officially made the commitment to it last night! So today I get to book flights and plan activities and it makes me SO happy to plan a trip and to know I'm knocking something off my bucket list. I love him so much for agreeing to this especially since traveling is my passion, and very low on his list of fun things to do. He's still not sure how we possibly can keep occupied for four days in Las Vegas. :) He is in for a surprise. With all my sisters and my new brother in law joining us, as well as a few friends... It will be good times. PLUS we get to go see The Newsies while we are there!!! Like only one of the best musicals ever! I'm so happy. And I'm so happy that my husband loves me and wants to make me happy. I'm not a cheap wife when it comes to dreams like this.

I'm thankful for my job and that I like it. I like that my job pays well, and that the administration at my new school cares about me and seeks me out to ask how they can make my life better and help me. I did not get that at my last school. And I like my students. They drive me crazy sometimes, but they genuinely are wonderful, wonderful children that I enjoy hanging out with every day. I'm thankful that we have a ROCKING lifestyle PE program and that once a week I get to do super fun things with my students like bowling, swimming, skating, and gymnastics. It's so cool. I'm thankful that even though I am the newest person on staff I got the brand new classroom with all the bells and whistles. I love it. Going to work in a neat, clean, tidy, well decorated room makes my day enjoyable. It really is a beautiful room.

I'm that my husband calls me beautiful when I feel ugly. Especially these days since my eyebrow lady gave me strict instructions to NOT TOUCH my eyebrows because they were lopsided and we are trying to fix them. I pretty much have a unibrow. I'm thankful he eats my food, and helps me put the coffee cups away because I can't reach, and that he works hard. And that he wears tight black t-shirts that make him look sexy.

I'm thankful that I have a car.
I'm thankful for healthy food.
I'm thankful for Elya LaMarche and the support group she started.
I'm thankful for Mandy Blusson and the way she encourages me to work out and try new things. I'm thankful she likes swimming with me and that she laughs at me constantly.
I'm thankful for Tiersa and Hayley, my besties who I can talk to never or forever and it doesn't matter.
I'm thankful for Karmyn, Christy, and Jacci who have been my friends since pretty much the very first day of university when we met.
I'm thankful for my parents and their love and support and for raising my sisters and I the way they did.
I'm thankful for my sisters and the way we laugh. All the time. I love us.
I'm thankful that my in-laws are genuinely wonderful people.
I'm thankful for finding nearly full tim-cards in my glove box when I'm too lazy to make myself breakfast.

Life is good.
I'm thankful.




No comments:

Post a Comment