Sunday, January 4, 2015

The Best Memory of 2014

Walking down the aisle at my wedding. There were so many great and wonderful things that happened in 2014, and especially on my wedding day. But as I walked down the aisle with my dad, that was the best moment yet! And you know what made that moment so special? Not the fact that the day was gorgeous and perfect, not the fact that it had finally arrived, not even that I was no longer doomed to be a crazy spinster cat lady. It was all the peoples faces that I saw as I walked down the aisle. It was seeing my cousins and aunts and uncles and granny who had come all the way from Ontario. It was seeing my teaching friends happily sharing my day with me. It was seeing my girlfriends from Ontario cheering and smiling their support. It was seeing Arron's grandfather at the front proud and excited to officiate our wedding. It was seeing Arron smile at me as I walked down the aisle and knowing that he was as thankful as I was that we had finally found someone to share our life with. That was the moment - seeing all the people that I loved and that loved me.

Arron's best memory of 2014 was when he proposed to me. He said the look of shock on my face made everything worth it. You can read that story here.

No comments:

Post a Comment