Monday, December 19, 2016

New Challenge

I started a new challenge today. I decided the other night that next fall I would like to do a craft show or two. I make tons of really cool baby items for myself/Eve and whenever I send pictures of them to my sister Bethany or my friend Jacci they tell me I should make more and sell them. So I thought about it, and after some research on supply costs, displays, effort/time etc, I decided that I would like to build a stockpile of really cool baby things and then sell them at a craft show next year. I'm very excited about this.

I brought it up to Arron tonight and he said, "I feel like this is going to be you spending a lot of money and time on craft supplies to only make $5." I asked him if I could spend $100 on craft supplies and go from there. He laughingly suggested that I get $2.  We laughed and talked about it and decided that I could spend $100 on supplies and go for it.

Then it got me thinking. The craft shows are a year away. I wonder.... could I start with making a $2 item, sell it, and use the profit to get more supplies, then sell those items, get more profit, and more supplies. Basically a crafty version of the game 'Bigger and Better.'

So that's what I'm doing. I made two pairs of baby legwarmers tonight (total cost $2) and just put them up for sale on a few of our local buy and sell sites. I also had a pile of 'crinkle taggies' that I made on the weekend out of some old fabric scraps and ribbons. These are basically all profit since it was just random stuff I had laying around in my craft room.

If you are interested in helping out my crafty endeavor, send me an e-mail: nikkijdelay@gmail.com  Shipping is free for my faithful blog readers.

Baby Leg warmers. They make changing diapers a breeze. $5 each or both for $8.

Crinkle Taggies. Sick of your husband telling you that you are a bad mom for letting your baby play with pieces of plastic? Even though she loves the sound of it? Buy one of these home-made crinkle taggies. Your choice of Purple/Grey Paisley, Red/Blue Buttons or Blue Chevron/Vines. $5


1 comment:

  1. Awesome idea, Nikki! You may find that you don't even need to do a craft show if you are successful doing business online. I have been selling stuff online for years and really enjoy the extra income.

    ReplyDelete